Day 27 - A Song That Makes You Feel Guilty
Another day of songs and emotions. I don't know; seems to me that there are way too many feelings — whoa, whoa, whoa, feelings — in this series. Guilt? Really? OK, fine.
A song that makes me feel guilty is "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan.
You've seen the commercials, right? Sad puppy eyes, sad puppy eyes, and even more sad puppy eyes. For almost six years, this has been the official theme song for hectoring North America into sending money to take care of adorable, maltreated and abandoned animals.
It has apparently been enormously successful as a fundraiser for the ASPCA — $30 million in the first two years alone. I'm not a pet person at all — both allergic and having never been exposed to them as a kid — but even I've been tempted to call and drop some bills on keeping those fluffy canines warm and fed.
I mean, I haven't. As I said, not a pet person. But I certainly don't feel good about having not.
30 Songs in 30 Days
- Your Favourite Song - "American Pie" by Don McLean
- Your Least Favourite Song - "Hotel Room Service" by Pitbull
- A Song That Makes You Happy - "Legend of a Cowgirl" by Imani Coppola
- A Song That Makes You Sad - "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley
- A Song That Reminds You of Someone - "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga
- A Song That Reminds You of Somewhere - "Once in a Lifetime" by Talking Heads
- A Song That Reminds You of a Certain Event - "Say it Ain't So" by Weezer
- A Song That You Know All the Words To - "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf
- A Song That You Can Dance To - "Babe" by Styx
- A Song That Makes You Fall Asleep - "One For My Baby" by Frank Sinatra
- A Song From Your Favourite Band - "Unconditional" by jacksoul
- A Song From a Band You Hate - "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles
- A Song That is a Guilty Pleasure - "Snoopy's Christmas" by The Royal Guardsmen
- A Song That No One Would Expect You to Love - "One" by Metallica
- A Song That Describes You - "Still Crazy After All These Years" by Paul Simon
- A Song That You Used to Love But Now You Hate - "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond
- A Song That You Hear Often on the Radio - "1979" by Smashing Pumpkins
- A Song That You Wish You Heard on the Radio - "Dance of the Vulnerable" by Gregory Hoskins and the Stickpeople
- A Song From Your Favourite Album - "Gulf War Song" by Moxy Früvous
- A Song You Listen to When You're Angry - "Bodies" by Drowning Pool
- A Song You Listen to When You're Happy - "What the Fuck Was I Thinking" by Jon Levine Band
- A Song You Listen to When You're Sad - "Raining in Baltimore" by Counting Crows
- A Song You Want to Play at Your Wedding - "Sara Smile" by Hall & Oates
- A Song You Want to Play at Your Funeral - "Home for a Rest" by Spirit of the West
- A Song That Makes you Laugh - "You Oughta Know" by Jaymz Bee and the Royal Jelly Orchestra
- A Song That You Can Play on an Instrument - "Spoonman" by Soundgarden
- A Song That Makes You Feel Guilty - "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan
- A Song You Wish You Could Play
- A Song From Your Childhood
- Your Favourite Song This Time Last Year