Day 28 - A Song You Wish You Could Play
We've already established the fact that I can't play any instruments. So, really, I wish I could play pretty much any song. Mostly, though, I find that I want to play stuff that's heavy in piano, guitar, or banjo. I blame the latter on my father, and our summertime trips to the Canadian National Open Banjo Contest in Durham. You laugh, and I feel like I must have hated it at the time, but looking back on it, it was actually some pretty fantastic music.
A song I wish I could play is "Clutterbilly" by The Ranch.
No, the video above is not "Clutterbilly" by The Ranch, which is a real shame. Turns out that there are absolutely no videos available of this song anywhere — not even a fan-created recording of the song with just the cover of the album as a visual.
So, all I can do is say go check out last.fm or your favourite online music streaming service, and see if you can find this song. It came out during that brief period when I'd developed a taste for country music. The Ranch was Keith Urban's band before he became KEITH URBAN. "Clutterbilly" is a fantastic instrumental number, with some amazing guitar playing on it.
Absent audio/visual evidence of "Clutterbilly", I've linked above to "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by The Charlie Daniels Band. You know this song; everyone does. Great guitar. GREAT fiddle. Another song I wish I could play.
Not as much as I wish I could play "Clutterbilly" though.
30 Songs in 30 Days
- Your Favourite Song - "American Pie" by Don McLean
- Your Least Favourite Song - "Hotel Room Service" by Pitbull
- A Song That Makes You Happy - "Legend of a Cowgirl" by Imani Coppola
- A Song That Makes You Sad - "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley
- A Song That Reminds You of Someone - "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga
- A Song That Reminds You of Somewhere - "Once in a Lifetime" by Talking Heads
- A Song That Reminds You of a Certain Event - "Say it Ain't So" by Weezer
- A Song That You Know All the Words To - "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf
- A Song That You Can Dance To - "Babe" by Styx
- A Song That Makes You Fall Asleep - "One For My Baby" by Frank Sinatra
- A Song From Your Favourite Band - "Unconditional" by jacksoul
- A Song From a Band You Hate - "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles
- A Song That is a Guilty Pleasure - "Snoopy's Christmas" by The Royal Guardsmen
- A Song That No One Would Expect You to Love - "One" by Metallica
- A Song That Describes You - "Still Crazy After All These Years" by Paul Simon
- A Song That You Used to Love But Now You Hate - "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond
- A Song That You Hear Often on the Radio - "1979" by Smashing Pumpkins
- A Song That You Wish You Heard on the Radio - "Dance of the Vulnerable" by Gregory Hoskins and the Stickpeople
- A Song From Your Favourite Album - "Gulf War Song" by Moxy Früvous
- A Song You Listen to When You're Angry - "Bodies" by Drowning Pool
- A Song You Listen to When You're Happy - "What the Fuck Was I Thinking" by Jon Levine Band
- A Song You Listen to When You're Sad - "Raining in Baltimore" by Counting Crows
- A Song You Want to Play at Your Wedding - "Sara Smile" by Hall & Oates
- A Song You Want to Play at Your Funeral - "Home for a Rest" by Spirit of the West
- A Song That Makes you Laugh - "You Oughta Know" by Jaymz Bee and the Royal Jelly Orchestra
- A Song That You Can Play on an Instrument - "Spoonman" by Soundgarden
- A Song That Makes You Feel Guilty - "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan
- A Song You Wish You Could Play - "Clutterbilly" by The Ranch
- A Song From Your Childhood
- Your Favourite Song This Time Last Year