Day 15 - A Song That Describes You
Self-reflection? Ewwww… We're going to be keeping this one short, kids. But trust me when I say that I can think of only one possible choice for this entry.
A song that describes me is "Still Crazy After All These Years" by Paul Simon.
It's pretty much mandatory that I quote some lyrics now, isn't it? I mean, if the analogy's going to go deeper than just the title anyway.
I'm not the kind of man who tends to socialize. I seem to lean on old familiar ways. And I ain't no fool for love songs that whisper in my ears. Still crazy after all these years. Oh, still crazy after all these years.
Loner? Check. Overly comfortable with the status quo? Check.
Now I sit by my window, and I watch the cars. I fear I'll do some damage one fine day. But I would not be convicted by a jury of my peers. Still crazy after all these years. Oh, still crazy…
He's all but singing "hey you kids, get off my lawn". I practically need to have that tattooed on my forehead.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is my life. It's even wrapped up in a tasty soft rock, folksy shell.
Can I tell you that Erin and I have this recurring fantasy? Oh, get your minds out of the gutter. No, this involves buying a fleet of old beater cars, and going around the city ramming them into all the awful drivers we encounter, bumper-cars style. Street level vigilante justice, on wheels. There are days when all that holds us back is the thought of the ridiculous insurance premiums we'd have to pay.
Sorry — the whole "cars" and "damage" thing in the last verse of the song got me thinking about that.
By the way, all the best people are a little bit crazy in some way or another. Keep that in mind.
30 Songs in 30 Days
- Your Favourite Song - "American Pie" by Don McLean
- Your Least Favourite Song - "Hotel Room Service" by Pitbull
- A Song That Makes You Happy - "Legend of a Cowgirl" by Imani Coppola
- A Song That Makes You Sad - "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley
- A Song That Reminds You of Someone - "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga
- A Song That Reminds You of Somewhere - "Once in a Lifetime" by Talking Heads
- A Song That Reminds You of a Certain Event - "Say it Ain't So" by Weezer
- A Song That You Know All the Words To - "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf
- A Song That You Can Dance To - "Babe" by Styx
- A Song That Makes You Fall Asleep - "One For My Baby" by Frank Sinatra
- A Song From Your Favourite Band - "Unconditional" by jacksoul
- A Song From a Band You Hate - "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles
- A Song That is a Guilty Pleasure - "Snoopy's Christmas" by The Royal Guardsmen
- A Song That No One Would Expect You to Love - "One" by Metallica
- A Song That Describes You - "Still Crazy After All These Years" by Paul Simon
- A Song That You Used to Love But Now You Hate
- A Song That You Hear Often on the Radio
- A Song That You Wish You Heard on the Radio
- A Song From Your Favourite Album
- A Song You Listen to When You're Angry
- A Song You Listen to When You're Happy
- A Song You Listen to When You're Sad
- A Song You Want to Play at Your Wedding
- A Song You Want to Play at Your Funeral
- A Song That Makes you Laugh
- A Song That You Can Play on an Instrument
- A Song That Makes You Feel Guilty
- A Song You Wish You Could Play
- A Song From Your Childhood
- Your Favourite Song This Time Last Year